- Getting started
- Trial classes
- Becoming a teacher
- Verify Our Email
Does Orange Talk have any location restrictions for teachers?
No, we work teachers all over the world. With an internet connection and a computer, you can work from anywhere with Orange Talk.
How can I start teaching now?
1. Create an account by submitting your resume online.
2. Watch some training videos, then have trail classes with Chinese students to impress us with your teaching prowess.
3. If we think our students are eager to learn English from you and you’ll enjoy working with us, we’ll sign a contract and run background check to comply with our safety and security standards.
4. Congratulations! We’re teaching together.
I cannot sign up on the website! What should I do?
If you are experiencing problems in signing up on our website, please try the following;
1. Refresh the page
2. Clear your web browser cache.
3. Switch browsers (Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc.)
4. Try to connect to the internet from another server or another computer. If the problem still persists, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long is the contract?
The initial contract will last for six-months. Further contract renewals will be made at the discretion of both parties.
The website is having some technical issues. What should I do?
If you are experiencing some technical difficulties, please do take a screenshot of the problem and send it to us via email email@example.com
We highly recommend the messaging app, WeChat, for better and faster communication with us. Our WeChat ID is MT-PK86.
What teaching aid do I need?
A list of teaching aid requirements can be found at here.
How are trial classes held?
Trial classes are held on our online portal. You can access the online classroom after you get the link. Please test your equipment at least one hour before the trial class begins so you look and sound your best.
What should I do if there are no trial class slots available?
We schedule the trial classes in six-day intervals. Just wait one more day to check if there are any slots available.
Why is the trial class important?
The trial class is necessary to assess your teaching skills, attitude and enthusiasm. We will use your trial class to help determine your per hour rate and we can pay well for extraordinary teachers.
What makes a perfect trial class?
During every trial class, you will need to show how well you are able to teach and elicit full answers from students of different language levels as well as your teaching and class management skills. We advise you study teaching instruction and all slides before the trial class.
We are looking for extraordinary teachers who can manage a class of up to 30 kindergarten students from thousands of miles away. It’s a challenging task, so remember to make your class fun and exciting to keep the kids glued to the screen.
What happens if I don’t perform well during the trial class?
We give generous feedback to help you practice so you can try again.
How do I prepare for the trial class?
● Watch the training videos.
● Check out our Applicant Performance Reference Standard.
● Teach from a place with a nice background and good lighting.
● Ensure you have a fast and stable internet connection.
Becoming a teacher
What teaching materials do I need?
We provide our teachers with all teaching materials they’ll need. You can preview class materials in the classroom on the teachers' portal once a student schedules a class with you.
As a teacher, will I need to communicate with the parents of my students?
Orange Talk has a team that handles all official correspondence with the parents of our students, but our teachers can send feedback to the parents of students after each class through our platform.
Will I always teach the same students?
No, teachers should teach the students that have booked their classes.
Where do classes take place?
All classes take place on Orange Talk’s platform.
How long is each class?
Classes last 25 minutes. You should log in at least 5 minutes before your class begins to ensure your devices are functioning well and your internet connection is stable.
How does scheduling work?
You should use our website to tell us when you can teach during the next two weeks.Orange Talk encourages all teachers to check their emails daily to find out which students want to book an English lesson with you.
How many hours per week should teachers offer to work?
In order to maximize the number of classes you have in a week, we recommend you try to schedule at least 7.5 hours (15 classes per week) and pick time slots during the daily peak periods in China. The peak periods are 6 pm to 9 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 9 pm on weekends.
Is there a maximum number of hours a teacher can teach?
Orange Talk does not limit the number of hours a teacher can work.
Does Orange Talk offer any benefits?
Our teachers are independent contractors and do not receive benefits packages from Orange Talk.
Can I earn more than the market average?
Will Orange Talk withhold income taxes?
You will receive the full amount of the fees you earn from teaching our students. You will be working as an independent contractor and will be responsible for paying taxes in accordance with local regulations.
How and when will I be paid?
Orange Talk will pay all salaries on the 10th working day of the next calendar month. Teachers will be paid through online bank transfers. We will be responsible for the fees charged by the remitting bank, while teachers will be responsible for the fees charged by the receiving bank.
Do teachers get raises?
Yes. Teachers can get raises when they’re contracts are renewed.
Can I take vacations during a contract?
Yes, but if you’ve already booked classes with students, you should request a leave of absence.
Verify Our Email
Want to ensure you receive our emails?
Add the domain, kkorange.com to your secure domain list!
To prevent our emails from being sent to your spam folder, set the following filters:
1. Click on the arrow pointing downwards in the search box above any Gmail page.
2. Enter “kk.orange.com” in the “From” field.
3. Click on “create a filter based on this search criteria” in the bottom right cormer
4. Check “Never send it to Spam”.
5. Click on “Create filter”.
6. Emails from Orange talk will surely be delivered to your inbox from now on.
1. Click on the "Help" icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
2. Click on "Filters" on the left and click the "ADD" mail filter button.
3. Type "Orange talk" in the filter criteria name.
4. Next, in the “From” row, select “contains” and then type "@kkorange.com" in the second box.
5. In the "Move the message to" section, select "Inbox".
6. Click on "Save" and the new filter will be saved when you leave the page.
7. Emails from @kkorange.com will surely be delivered to your inbox from now on!
Hotmail & Outlook Users
1. Click on the "Help" icon in the upper right corner and select "Options" from the drop-down menu.
2. In the menu on the left, click on "Junk email" and then select "Safe senders" from the drop-down menu.
3. Type "kk.orange.com" and click on "+" to add it to the to.
4. Emails from @kkorange.com will be surely delivered to your inbox from now on!